Join us Wednesday nights this fall through spring for Dogs at the Downs, an indoor, climate controlled, off leash dog park, right here in Cedar Rapids! We’ll provide a place for your pup to play, along with a mini vendor market, and don’t forget to snag a snack and an adult beverage!
Time: 5-8 p.m.
Hawkeye Downs Expo Halls
4400 6th Street SW, Cedar Rapids, IA 52404
-November 4th & 18th
-December 2nd & 16th
-January 6th & 20th
-February 3rd & 24th
Admission: $5/dog (humans get in free!)
Dog Park Guidelines
- Must show vaccination records every time
-Must have Bordetella vaccine, distemper vaccine, rabies vaccine, and be dewormed
- While clean up stations are available, owners are asked to take their dog out regularly for a potty break. If a dog does have an accident, it’s the expectation that the owner will clean it up. Failure to clean up may result in removal from the event and inability to attend future events.
- People are encouraged to bring their own toys (this is COVID friendly and more sanitary).
- All dogs must be leashed in the entry area and vendor area and unleashed in the South Expo Hall. This is for the dogs’ protection.
- Dogs under three months of age are not allowed.
- No dogs allowed who have injured a person by biting.
- If your dog is involved in an unpleasant experience (but no injury) with another dog or person, please remove your dog from the event.
- Owners are responsible for all dog behaviors (fights, digging, etc.) and will be expected to offer compensation or repairs.
- Female dogs in heat are not allowed in the event.
- Each adult handler may have no more than two dogs at a time in the event.
- Owners must carry a leash for each dog at all times while at the event.
- Dogs must be under owners’ visual contact and voice control at all times.
- Children under 12 years must be supervised by an adult while in the Park.
- No wheeled vehicles (bicycles, wagons, roller blades, etc.) are allowed at the event. The exceptions to this are wheelchairs and strollers.
- No food is allowed in the Expo Hall except for small training treats. There are water fountains on site, so we recommend bringing a water bowl.
- For your dog’s safety, please do not use prong, choke, or training collars at the event.
- Permit tags must be on the dog’s collar or with the owner at all times while at the event.
- Hawkeye Downs reserves the right to call animal control if we believe the animal is a threat.
- No outside food or beverages for human consumption, with the exception of water.
- Must bring proof of vaccinations with them.
- Must have a leash for their dog(s) to enter the building.
Each space is 10×10, vendors can rent multiple 10X10 spaces at a time, and will be placed a minimum of 6 feet from another vendor.
Vendor Cost: $20/space per date
$15/space per date if you purchase all dates
- Open to all vendors with the exception of food designed to be eaten on-site (concessions)
- Priority will be given to pet related items or dog themed items
- Understand that vendors will be in the North Hall, away from the off leash area but pets will be allowed in the vendors area
- Items must be created/produced/transformed/grown by the person selling them
- Food items for both pets and humans should list ingredients and any possible allergens
Not sure if you fit the guidelines as a vendor but still want to be part of the market? We have opportunities for media and non-profit organizations. Call Jenn at 319-365-8656 for more information, or email Jenn.Draper@hawkeyedowns.org